The world of Charred focuses on a continent called Pereth.
Countries and Regions
- Kavard, a very traditional but failing kingdom.
- Brannigen, the capital city.
- Hyrst, a kingdom that split up into a large mess of duchies and baronies.
- Regen, an isolated kingdom that is now ruled by undead.
- The Necropolis, the old capital, now a neutral zone.
- Tarand, a capital that sank during the cataclysm.
- Common, mostly spoken in Tarand and Kavard, as well as by the halfling bands travelling that region.
- Western Common, spoken in Hyrst.
- Regenese, the language of Regen.
- Elven, one of the major languages of Larayn.
- Sylvan, the other major language of Larayn.
- Ulf, the language used by the barbarians in Ulfheim.
- Dwarven, spoken by dwarves and gnomes.
- Orcish, used by orcs and goblinoids.
- Giant, spoken by giants, cyclopses, ettins, and trolls.
- Kretan, spoken by the minotaurs on the Shattered Isles.
- Undercommon, used by denizens of the underdark.